Dog Walk for Dogstar – The Great Birthday Walk
Date: Anytime between 28th – 30th September 2018
Who can take part: Anyone and their dog
Venue: Any place
Distance: Any distance
Why: To raise funds for Street Dogs
How to get involved in the Dog Walk for Dogstar
- Step 1 – Create a Facebook fundraiser today – watch this video to see how easy it is to create!
- Step 2 – Invite friends to like your fundraiser
- Step 3 – Post your fundraiser on your Facebook page – include the reason why you are supporting Dogstar and what it means to you.
- Step 4 – Print out the #ISupportDogstar or #WeSupportDogstar downloadable printout.
- Step 5 – Between 28th– 30th September do your sponsored walk and get a photo with your print out
- Step 6 – Post your photos and tag @dogstarfoundation in on your walk!
Why should I get involved?
On 28th September 2018, Dogstar will be 12 years old
to celebrate we are asking our supporters and their dogs to join us in the very first ‘Dog Walk for Dogstar – The Great Birthday Walk’.
Taking part is easy, fun and even better, it can change a dog’s life!
Simply walk anywhere you want at a time that suits you between the 28th- 30th September - and raise money that Dogstar can use to make a very real difference to a dog in Sri Lanka.
Raising the money couldn’t be easier. Just set up a Facebook fundraiser, print out your #ISupportDogstar #WeSupportDogstar sheet, and then ask your friends and family to sponsor you and your dog (or both!) to walk for Dogstar.
Then any time between 28th – 30th September, grab your lead and take your dog out for a lovely walk, and off you go… Oh and don’t forget to take photos and tag us in on your walk!
Don’t have a dog? Don’t worry! You can still get involved in Dog Walk for Dogstar by doing your walk on your own or with your human best mate.
Can I make a difference by just walking my dog?
Even the smallest amount raised can transform a dog’s life.
- Raise £20 – this will pay for 2 skin care treatments
- Raise £50 – 5 skin care treatments
- Raise £100 – 10 skin care treatments
Take photos, videos or even do a Facebook live to showcase your walk and ensure to tag in @dogstarfoundation #walkforstreetdogs #IsupportDogstar #WesupportDogstar
FREE Gift and win a Prize!
- Everyone taking part receives an electronic certificate
- Raise over £20 and get a free Dogstar Friendship bracelet
- Best photo/video wins a prize
- The supporter who raises the most funds wins a prize
WHY skin care really matters - Sidney’s Story
Sidney was a Sri Lankan street pup who lost all his fur due to parasites. His daily life was one of constant itching, his skin was raw, he was covered in maggot-filled wounds, and every step he took was agony.
If Dogstar hadn’t found Sidney, he would have died in a matter of days.
We applied a simple spot-on treatment within 24 hours his itching – and his suffering - had stopped and the healing could start.
After three treatments over a period of six weeks, Sidney’s transformation was incredible. Not only was he pain-free but his skin had healed, and fur had fully grown back.
With his beautiful new coat and the chance of a fresh start, Sidney found his forever home and now lives a very happy life.
Did You know??
- Mange is caused by parasites mites and mange mites are cigar shaped.
- Mange mites feed and reside in the hair follicle and oil glands of the skin.
- Ringworm isn’t a worm it’s a fungus.
- A flea can jump vertically up to 7 in (18 cm) and horizontally up to 13 in (33 cm), making the flea one of the best jumpers of all known animals.
It costs just £10 to do one skin care treatment.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
To celebrate Dogstar's 12th Birthday, we are asking our supporters to do a sponsored walk.
28th September – 30th September
Supporters can set up a Facebook Fundraiser and ask family and friends to sponsor them.
Step 1 - Go to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers
Step 2 - Click Raise money
Step 3 - Click Get started
Step 4 - Click Non profit
Step 5 - Type in search Dogstar Foundation
Step 6 - Choose Dogstar Foundation
Step 7 - Type in the amount of money you would like to raise i.e. £100
Step 8 - Choose the date you wish to end raising money – like 2ndOctober 2018
Step 9 - Click NEXT
Step 10 - You can either write your own title or you can copy and past
*Name* Dog Walk for Dogstar – The Great Birthday Walk
Type your own reason for raising funds for Dogstar or you can copy and paste this and edit to suit you.
I’m raising money for Dogstar Foundation and your contribution will make a real difference to the street dogs of Sri Lanka.
Dogstar is turning 12 years old on 28th September 2018 - and to celebrate I will be taking part in a very special sponsored walk.
Please sponsor me whatever you can and help Dogstar’s amazing work continue.
Just £20 raised can pay for a Sri Lankan street dog to have life-changing skin care treatment - no more pain, itching and misery.
Every penny really does count and can help transform a dog’s life so please give what you can, however small.
Step 11 - Click Next
Keep cover photo as it is or change to one you wish to use.
Step 12 - Create
There is no minimum amount.
You can download an offline form here and ask family and friends to sponsor you offline.
The money raised will go towards Dogstar’s Street Dog Skin Care program
Facebook pay the money directly into Dogstar’s bank account.
No Facebook fundraising incurs no charges, which means 100% of monies raised go towards the street dogs.
Yes, Facebook gives an option to include gift aid on donations.
No, just have fun !
We would love for you to print out our #IsupportDogstar printout and take photos, videos or even do a Facebook live to showcase your walk and tag in @dogstarfoundation #DogWalkforDogstar #IsupportDogstar #WesupportDogstar for a chance to win a prize!